This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. A pdf version is available to download at the bottom of the page.
During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who are we?
Central Tramway Company Ltd, take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number ZA881679 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Our Data Protection Officer is Amy Bartle. Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to Upper Station, Marine Parade, Scarborough, YO11 2ER; ; 01723 501 754
The General Data Protection Regulations are to safeguard your personally identifiable information or personal data. This privacy notice will be regularly reviewed and updated.
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect information about you:
● When you enter a competition and provide us with a name, age and contact information of a teacher or guardian relating to competition entries.
● When you contact us to express interest in an educational talk or event and provide your name and contact information such as email or phone number;
● Supplier, service provider, community and marketing relations contact information including name, email address and work contact information.
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
● For order / supplier / contract work relating to the Tramway;
● For the purpose of providing information regarding educational events, talks or tours;
● to enable us to receive and evaluate competition entries, and the notification of successful entry or prize winning;
● for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
Sharing of Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated as confidential and will be processed only by any third party, acting on our behalf, within the UK/EEA. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
● Sharing competition entries with our judge for the purpose of assessing entries;
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe in physical and online formats, in order to adhere to Central Tramway Company’s Data Protection Policy.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or event, or as required by law.
You have the right at any time to:
● You have a right of access to check your personal data.
● You have a right to rectification if the data we hold is either inaccurate or incomplete. If your data has been disclosed to third parties then we must inform them of the rectification, where possible.
● You have a right to erasure of your data when consent is our basis of processing (the right to be forgotten). You may request that your personal data be erased, for example, where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing or where you withdraw consent. We will comply with your request unless we have another basis of processing justifying our retaining the data (for example a legal requirement or the defence of a legal claim).
● object to receiving any marketing communications from us and to the further processing of your personal data.
Withdrawal of Consent
Where the lawful basis for processing is your consent, you may withdraw consent at any time to by writing to, Amy Bartle, Central Tramway Company, Upper Station, Marine Parade, Scarborough, YO11 2ER or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to raise a complaint about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information.
The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
The accuracy of your information is important to us - please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.